Weight loss is a sensitive topic for many.
What if I told you there was a simple surgical option to drop the extra weight you despise, and keep it off?
Gastric Bypass: What Is It?
Gastric Bypass surgery is a weight loss surgery available at Maryland Bariatrics where your doctor reroutes the functions of your stomach and small intestine in order to change how food is absorbed by your body.
Is This Right For Me? 5 Benefits of Gastric Bypass Surgery:
- Lose weight fast– Many patients report up to 80 percent extra weight loss after surgery
- Keep the weight off– Most patients maintain their weight loss for as long as 20 years post-surgery.
- A healthier you– The weight lost from gastric bypass often relieves secondary weight related issues.
- Time efficient– Gastric bypass typically yields a short hospital stay and recovery time.
- Safe– The complication rates are low and generally yield little scarring or pain post-surgery.
What Comes Next?
It is important to go in to gastric bypass surgery with an understanding of what life will be like once you leave the hospital. Lifestyle changes often include:
- Weight loss: Patients typically lose up to two thirds of their extra weight within the first two years. This weight loss often continues for up to a year and a half.
- Fullness: The surgery causes you to feel full quicker
- Diet change: Immediately post-surgery you will need to eat only soft foods and beverages
- Supplements: You will need to discuss which supplements you should take in order to stay healthy.
How Maryland Bariatrics Goes the Extra Mile
At Maryland Bariatrics we offer a comprehensive care plan for you in order to help you find success in your weight loss goals.
Our after-care plan includes weekly support group meetings here and routine checkups to guarantee the most successful weight loss outcome for your needs.
To discuss gastric bypass and other surgery options, contact Maryland Bariatrics today to Schule a $75 consultation with a trusted provider. 301-965-0546 or firstname.lastname@example.org